English Chess Federation - click here
Bucks Chess League - click here
Chess in Schools & Communities - click here
FIDE Rules of chess - click here
Address of Clubs in the Bucks League:
Aylesbury: Aylesbury ex-servicemans club; 62-64 Walton Street; HP21 7QP
Berkhamstead: Berknamstead Sports & Social Club; Kitcheners Field; Off Castle Hill; HP41HE
Bourne End: Bourne End Community Centre, Wakeman Rd; Wooburn Green, Bourne End; SL85SX
Slough: Polish Association; Church Lane; SL2 4NZ
Wyc & Hazlemere: Hazlemere Community Centre; Rose Ave; HP157UB
Uxbridge: The Ivy Leaf Club, Wellington Road; UB82AP; Uxbridge
1. The Tournament will be open to all members of the Club.
2. The Tournament will be divided into two divisions, and higher graded players will be seeded between the two divisions. Each division will be run as a single game round robin, all-play-all.
3. Each game shall be played under match play conditions, and normal rules of chess will apply.
4. Colour will be decided by coin toss.
5. Each player will have 1 hour and 10 minutes to complete the game. Games will not go for grading.
6. Players should arrange games beforehand, ideally with email or text confirmation. A day's notice at least should be given if a player is unable to play, and failure to attend an arranged game will result in forfeit of the game unless the opponent consents to play the game at a later date.
7. The Club's Committee will arbitrate on any dispute, but players are encouraged to resolve any dispute amicably between themselves. The Committee's decision on any dispute will be final.
8. The player positions within each division will be decided after the 10th August irrespective of the number of games played by any player. No further round robin games can be played after that date.
9. There will be a 'Finals Evening' after the 10th August. On this evening, the winner of Div 1 will play the winner of Div 2, the 2nd placed player in Div 1 will play the 2nd placed player in Div 2, and so on for the whole of each division. The winner of the match between the leading players of each Division will be declared the winner of the Ruddle Cup. There will be a grading prize for best performance by a player graded below x.
10. Only paid-up members can win a trophy/prize.
11. x To be determined by Club Committee
Gerrards Cross Memorial Hall
Tel: 01753 883759
Your first 1 month membership is free. After that, membership is :
£72.00 / year adults
* Cheques payable to: Gerrards Cross Chess Club.
* Bank Transfer: 40-22-05; Acc#: 81052608. Please use your name as the payment reference
Membership to the club grants you the opportunity to play for the Club in the Bucks Chess League, as well as participate in the Buck League individual championship.
NOTE to play in the Bucks Chess League you must be a member of the English Chess Federation
Our membership year runs from September to September.